Thursday, August 5, 2010

Don't see so good.........

Good morning guys and gals! I hope everyone is having a fabulous week. I was behind a weed eater for over 4 hours yesterday and I am burnt! But, got all the week eating done. Yea!!! Last night at church our pastor preached about Gods voice to Elijah in 1 Kings 19 and do we listen to it. Do we see God? Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it shows us.

Bible verse: 1 Kings 19:11-13 Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

A lot of you may already know but, I spent all of my teenage years on a farm in Oakdale, TN. We had horses, cows, goats, chickens, turkeys, and rabbits. Well, I have to tell you a great story. A man came by the house looking for a horse for his daughter's birthday gift when he saw beautiful white mare standing in the top pasture. This man said that he would give us $500 for the horse. My dad replied, "I don't know partner, it don't look so good," and walked away.

The next day that same man came back and offered us $1000 for the mare. My dad said, "I don't know mister, it don't look so good." On the third day that man came back and offered us $2000 for the horse, and said he wouldn't take no for an answer. My dad said alrighty then, and the man took the horse home.

The man's daughter loved her present. She climbed onto the horse, then galloped right into a tree. That man was mad and rushed back over to our house, demanding an explanation for the horse's blindness. My dad replied, "I told you it don't look so good." Now, I must tell you before you read on that this story is totally fictional and if you are reading this send me a message. But, in reality. Often times as Christians we also don't look so Good. We have trouble seeing God in the events of our lives. We often look at things through a worldly personal perspective, through eyes of flesh rather that trying to see things as God sees them. When we fail to see things through God's eyes the results can often be worse than running into a tree, yet we still insist. Just like Elijah was listening to the earthquake, wind, and fire. And he went back to the cave to hide. Even after God told him to go! We must listen and see God and get to work. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: