Friday, August 20, 2010

A bridge out ahead..........

Good morning everyone! I had a great night last night. One of the youth was sharing his first message. This young man is feeling a calling on his life and is in much prayer to what it is but, he did know that he must share the gospel with others. So, with an invite from his friend Damarcus to use his house. The ball was rolling. A group of youth met last night and TJ Laws shared his first message. He shared on the 10 virgins in Matthew 25:13. If you are not familiar with the story read it if you are and haven't read it in a while check it out. Look at the trimming of the wick. We explored that last night. Over all it was a great night. I am proud of TJ and of the youth that supported him. There were three different churches their.

On another note, I had someone ask me about my devotions yesterday. First, I must tell you that I do not have an original thought in my mind. They have all came from life, books, past sermons, devotions, mentors, situations, or just plain ole' pain that I have gone through. I try to share a devotion/blog that is short, sweet, and relevant to the stuff we are dealing with. I hope they touch your life as they do mine while I collect info, write, or borrow something I have read. This took me back to a sermon that I preached last year. Let's dig into the scripture...

Bible Verse: All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Just as the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God to write the different books or I like the term "Divinely Inspired". We as men sometimes try to dissect it and miss the value of the Bible. We sometimes don't see it's purpose. The purpose is to equip us to do good work and to strengthen our faith through studying God's Word. The same for my devotions/blog. They are to help us with everyday troubles, hardships, and maybe prepare us for an upcoming battle. If I know the bridge is out ahead and I fail to tell you. Is it partly my fault you drive off? I feel it is. So, I just wanted to share that Tony Ruff is a pretty normal person that has had a lot of different life experiences and a ton of hardships. It really helps me to share them and above all, these devotionals help me to be in the Word even more and that it what is most important. I hope they bless you as they have me to write them. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: