Thursday, August 12, 2010

A ducks back.......

Good morning everyone! Well, I worked my last midnight shift this week and I am off for a few days. I know I have been talking about the church lately and I want you to know that times will not always be easy at any church. Not mine, not yours, not any church. Every church will have storms it goes through. I have seen it at every church that I have attended and have heard so many talk about it. But, here is the thing. What do we do about it? We must first realize that God has a plan and makes a way. Let's dig into the good stuff.

Bible Verse: Psalms 18:2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

This is a poem that I read and I want to share it with you. If something is ever perfect I would probably question it. We must hunker down and ride it out!

I think that I shall never see
A church that's all it ought to be.
A church whose members never stray
Beyond the straight and narrow way.

A church that has no empty pews
Whose pastor never has the blues.
A church whose deacons always deak
And none are proud and all are meek.

Where gossips never peddle lies
Or make complaints or criticize
Where all are always sweet and kind
And all to others' faults are blind.

Such perfect churches there may be
But none of them are known to me.
But still I'll work and pray and plan
To make our church the best I can.

I guess I would ask you if you do the last to lines of this poem. Do you? Or are you sitting and soaking. Maybe complaining when someone doesn't treat you like you think they should. Are you in the middle of a storm? Put on God's armor and become battle tested. We should remember the story of water on a ducks back. We are making a difference for eternity. We must not forget that. We must push through and on with God's business. I pray you have a blessed day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: