Saturday, July 31, 2010

Been thumped lately????????

Good morning everyone. I hope the start to your weekend is going well. Guy's, I have to tell ya that I have been tested lately. I want to real quick say that it is the devil and he is trying to make me stumble. But, maybe it's not. Just maybe it is God refining me. Just maybe.....Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it says about the subject........

Bible Verse: Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Do you know when a potter bakes a pot, he checks how solid it is by pulling it out of the oven and thumping it. If it 'sings,' it's ready. If it 'thuds,' it's placed back in the oven. The character of a person is also checked by thumping. Man, I feel like I have really been thumped a lot lately. I must ask you....Have you been thumped lately?

Are you asking yourself "What is he talking about?" Maybe: "Late-night phone calls. Grouchy co-workers. Grumpy moms or dads. Burnt meals. Flat tires. 'You've got to be kidding' deadlines at work. Those are thumps. Thumps are those irritating inconveniences that trigger the worst in us. They catch us off guard or not ready for them. They catch us flat footed. They aren't big enough to be crises, but if you get enough of them, watch out! Traffic jams. Long lines. Empty mailboxes. For my wife Misty, it's probably dirty clothes on the floor...Thump. Thump. Thump.

So, how do you respond? Do you sing? Or do you thud? Jesus said that out of the nature of the heart a man speaks (Luke 6:45). There's nothing like a good thump to reveal the nature of a heart. The true character of a person is seen not in momentary heroics, but in the thump-packed normal day-to-day living. Just a little something to think about today. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: