Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Dying Hero.........


Good morning everyone. I am writing from the beach and we are really enjoying our time off. The weather has been great and Destin beaches have been clear of oil. So, we have had a great time. You guy's all probably know I was in the military and have been in law enforcement since then. Well, I love the military stories and movies. In my studies, I have studied on Naaman, a great man of valor that helped deliver syria out of the hands of their enemies numerous times. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us.....

Bible Verse: 2 Kings 5:1 Now Naaman, commander of the army of the king of Syria, was a great and honorable man in the eyes of his master, because by him the Lord has given victory to Syria. He was also a mighty man of valor, but a leper.

Today, I want to talk about success. See, Naaman was a success story. In his day, the only way you could hope to make a name for yourself (unless you were royalty) was to rise up in the ranks of the military. Naaman had done just that. He reported to the king of Aram. And even though he had fought against Israel, God had used Naaman to bring victory to Aram. Naaman was a succesful leader, highly respected, at the top of his game.

There was one problem: He was dying. He had leprosy, a disease still in the world today though not as common. There was no cure. Your skin would start turning greyish/white and then begin to flake off until it ate awyat your whole body. All the success in the world. Even being used by God. Didn't keep him from getting this ugly disease. I must ask you, what's the point of working hard to be successful if it can be taken away in a moment....When you're just going to die anyways?

I am going to be studying the stories of Naaman this week and I want us to ask God to give us some insight into our own lives this week through the story of Naaman.

Do me a favor make a quick list of some successful people you know about who have died or gotton seriously ill even though they were rich and/or famous. Tune in for more on Naaman and we'll dig into the good stuff together! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

1 comment:

FRM said...

This is going to be awesome! Naaman reminds me of how I often repond to difficult situations when I should simply turn to God. I'll be anxious to hear your observations.

Harold Cox @ Savecrossvilleteens.com