Friday, July 16, 2010

4th and 1 on the goal line..........

Good morning everyone! Man, what a night last night. We went out to eat for my birthday and ate all you can eat crab legs. I ate about 13 pounds all by myself. I don't know where I put it. But, afterwards I hurt real bad. How dumb was that? Tasted good while I was eating them though. Then we went shopping sort of....To the mall with the Bass Pro shop. There is a kids area with a small water kids area and playground. We stayed there for about three hours. Kids had a great time and I did also just watching them enjoy their evening. It's funny how your priorities change when ya have the tricycle motors. Gave out some tracts yesterday too! I want to talk today about why more people don't want to know more about God and what God can do about it. So, let's dig into some of the good stuff.....

Bible Verse: 1 Kings 19:37 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. Then the fire of the Lord fell......and the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, He is the God; the Lord, He is the God.

Is this what it takes for people to come to realize that there is one true God? Why do some many people waver between what they believe in? Or follow what the movie stars are worshipping this day or that. What does it take for people to come to know Christ? Maybe some just aren't sure what to believe or maybe even some know the truth and refuse to believe because they really enjoy their sinful ways or don't want to give something up. I used to drink a beer every now and then and when I got my life straightened out with God I gave it up. I am not saying that drinking a beer is bad. But, I was convicted about it. So, I gave it up and haven't had a drink of any alcohol in 5 years. Do you think I miss it? Nope. Sure don't!

Guy's it is so very important that we take a stand for the Lord. I know you have all heard that if you don't stand for something that you will fall for anything. Maybe fall in love with anything. If we just drift along in life with whatever feels good at the time or whatever is pleasing to us and easy. We may one day realize maybe even get smacked in the face with the truth....We might be worshiping a false god....Ourselves!

I am still teaching our young people The Way of the Master....How to share their faith. Guess what? They are doing it! I am so very proud of them. If a thirteen year old can share their faith why can't you. This is how some people will come to know the one true God. Through people like you and me with the power of the Holy Spirit!!! It is game time. Let's put on the pads and huddle up! It is 4th and 1 on the goal line.....Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!!!

No comments: