Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You are hot breath on a mirror........

Good morning guy's and gal's! I hope everyone is have a great day. I looks to be a nice day and I am so glad. Myself and a couple of the young men from church worked on the reconstruction of a flower bed for Misty yesterday. Now today I have to form up and pour some concrete, haul about a ton of topsoil, plant some flowers, and then mulch. So, it will be an easy day. I realized that I should have done this project a couple of years ago. Because we don't get days back they are here and gone. That brings me to today's Bible verse. Let's dig into some of the good stuff!

Bible verse: Psalm 144:4 Man is like a breath, His days are like a passing shadow.

What is a breath? One minute we have it, then we let it out and it is gone. I think David is saying in this psalm, not to waste any piece of or lives, to let God be in every minute. Have you ever put hot breath onto a window? It will leave its mark, but for a brief moment. Then it will fade away. Is that how we are in this world? Do we have plans for our lives? What will be doing in ten years, one year, or even tomorrow? Do we have our lives all planned out? Is God at the center of those plans? It is great to have plans for the future, but we must remember that God might have a different plan for us and we cannot try to hold onto our plans too tight. We might miss Gods' plan. I think we get so caught up in our own lives that we forget the big picture. I have said before that we should slow down and listen. God will tell us all we need to know. We just have to LISTEN.

In the book of James 4:14 James writes, Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that. I must ask you a question. Is God the center of our plans? Do we let him guide or shape our future? Or do you do what you want and hope God can fit in there somewhere? Think about it. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

Ponder on this........Faith is not believing that God can. It is knowing that God will......

No comments: