Monday, May 24, 2010

When the rain came down.......

Good morning everyone! I hope that everyone had a great weekend. We had a very busy one. We had seven little girl spend the night at our house on Saturday night. End of school sleep over. Joslyn was so excited and they all had a blast. Went out to dinner and a movie with some of the youth leadership and had "Youth Crazy Had Bowling Night" last night! A great weekend overall. I need to share something with you. I had been really praying about a day shift or Monday through Friday job lately to help with my ministry work. I have been praying for over a year about it and have to have faith that God knows what is best for me. I must have total faith that He is in control and listen when He speaks to me. How hard is it sometimes when God tells us something to listen? Especially when we want to be in control. Let's look at someone else who had to totally trust in what the Lord was telling him. Let's dig into some of the good stuff......

Bible Verse: Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

I'm not surprised that, I guess, that some people have a hard time believing that the biblical account of Noah and the ark is factually and literally true. Imagine how hard it must have been to believe before it happened! Imagine how hard it would have been for him to accept the idea of a worldwide flood, of an enormous shipload of animals adrift, of all the destruction and death. His act of faith in building that big ole' ship seems a lot bigger than mine in believing it happened. The words "by faith" show up in this verse. Do we live by faith? Noah's belief showed up in what he did, in how he obeyed. Noah's faith saved his family and revealed the faithlessness of everyone else who chose instead to do what was right in their own eyes. Boy, they all made a big mistake. I bet they wished they had listened when the rain started really coming down. I have a question for you. What hard thing is God asking you to trust Him and do even though you can't yet see how it will work out? Ask God to help you to have the kind of faith Noah had, the kind that obeys even if you don't understand all the hows and why's. Choose some specific command of God to you from His Word to obey in your life today, maybe something you've been putting off. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: