Monday, May 10, 2010

"Thank you Jesus"

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone had a great weekend and all you mother's out there enjoyed time with your children. Today's devotion will be a little longer than normal. I have to tell you about something that happened on Saturday around 5pm. I was driving to work on I40 close to exit 356 and saw that there was an accident that had just happened and the vehicle was sitting in the median. The accident had just happened and no one was around it yet. My vehicle just pulled over before I knew it and I was out running over to see if I could help. There was a woman in the drivers seat and she was unresponsive. I start talking to her trying to get her to respond to me. When a man from the back seat said "Oh, it you Tony" I recognized the man but, still did not recognize the woman due to the blood and crushed vehicle. Well, I stayed with her and kept talking to her her until the emergency personnel cut her out of the vehicle and if she asked once she asked 50 times about the welfare of her husband and daughter. See, she couldn't see them due to the vehicle. When she was finally pulled from the vehicle. She said to me "Where are my husband and daughter?" I told her they were ok and getting out of the vehicle right now and were a little cut up and bruised. The first words out of her mouth were "Thank you, Jesus" "Thank you for saving my family." I sit here with tears in my eyes because this accident should have been worse. The vehicle flipped over numerous times. I have no doubt that God had His hand on this family. This brings me to today's good stuff. Let's dig in......

Bible Verse: 2 Samuel 22:50 - "Therefore I will give thanks unto Thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto Thy name."

When this family get in an automobile accident and came out alive, the mom thanked God for sparing their lives. Can I ask you a question? Have you ever just thank God for saving your life as you drove home from work and didn't have an accident? Cause listen I should have died so many times while driving. But, God had His hedge of protection around me just like this family. Isn't it even better to thank Him often? We don't normally though. We are so busy. I heard a story that kind of sheds some more light on this subject. There was a family who heard that a person in their church gave a significant love offering to the memory of their son who died in Irac. On the way home, the wife asked her husband, "Why don't we give an offering for our son?" He said, "Why? Our son wasn't killed." She said, "Don't you think that's a good reason?" We should be ever thankful for what God gives us whether large or small. What should we do in all things, whether we're safe or sorry? I am so thankful that this family is ok and love the Lord Jesus as much as they do. I count them as friends and my brother and sisters. Please have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: