Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fess up.......

Hello everyone! I hope all is well with everyone. I am hoping for some sun shine today. We have to mow the lake property an upcoming event. Victory Baptist is having a BBQ fundraiser for a youth mission trip to Jamaica this Saturday at 4pm. Come join them and help these youngsters go to Jamaica to share the good news of Jesus. Speaking of that, I was thinking of a verse that many use in sharing Jesus with others. Some call it the Roman road. Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it shows us........

Bible Verse: Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Many of you know that I was a law dog a few years back. Well, I still am part time for the sheriff's office. Let's just say you were driving down the road and I stopped you for running a red light. You say to me, "I ran the red light, but you have no right to give me a ticket, because I have stopped at all the other red lights on the other streets, and I have obeyed the speed limit." Now I would probably say something like this and probably add a joke in there too, "Don't tell me about all the things that you've done good. You've broken the law." So, how does this relate to our Bible verse for today? Well, if you think that you're going to be saved by keeping the law, then you must keep all of it, because God demands perfection. No amount of obedience can make up for one act of disobedience. If you keep the whole law and yet offend in one point, you are guilty of it all. Hang on though! There is something else.....God doesn't expect you to be perfect. Guess what? He knows you are not going to be. Thank goodness for that! He doesn't expect us to sinless. He expects us to sin less and less everyday. So, let's do ourselves a favor. Let's be real and honest with God. We can't fake Him out. When we are guilty...We should fess up and admit it and turn and run from what is causing it (repent). Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!


No comments: