Thursday, April 29, 2010

You are valuable........

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is having a great day so far. Day by day I read the newspaper and wonder. Have things always been this bad? I don't remember when I was growing up, there being all this bad stuff going on. There is so much bad and very little good. I think that little by little we can change that. We can be difference makers and here is how. We must realize this. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what I am talking about.

Bible verse: Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Fathers will. But, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are more value than many sparrows.

God is totally aware of everything that is going on, at all times. How valuable are we to God, that he would send His son to die for us. We should never worry about the trials or personal attacks in our lives. God's love and spirit is in us and there is no way any outside power or problem can take that away from us.

Saying that, we are all going to go through hard times. We are but sheep sent out among wolves. We will be tried and tested. We have to be aware and steadfast in our everyday walk. If we could all be like pillars of stone. Standing tall and strong in the face of the enemy and adversity. In Matthew 5:10 Jesus says "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven". I was told by a coworker the other day that if I kept on talking about God and the Bible that people would start to shun me here at work. I thought about that statement for a bit and came to this conclusion. I would gladly accept being shunned by people for my faith in God and trying to share the Word of God with others. I was thinking,"Wow, this is just a hint of persecution. I can't imagine how Jesus felt". I know that it bothered me a little when this man said that to me. What about everything that was said and done to Jesus. What was it like to be in his shoes? Have you ever thought how life would be if Jesus never came to earth for us? What would our existence be like? If Jesus stood and took all that He suffered through. Can we not handle people saying hurtful things, talking bad about us because of our faith, making bad jokes, or challenging our faith. I really think that we will be tested from time to time and we should be. I also think that God will let this all happen to see how strong our Faith in Him is. Sometimes we have to be much stronger to turn the other cheek. There are other times that we show our true self. Let's try to show less of ourselves and more of Jesus. Are we true to God? Will we stand strong and stand tall? Remember we are Gods' children and we are so very valuable to Him. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

Check this out.....Even a fool is counted wise if he doesn't move his lips.

No comments: