Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Golden Rule..........

Good morning guys and gals! Did everyone have a great Monday? Misty and I got a lot of yard work done yesterday! I was at work yesterday and a friend of mine said something pretty mean to me. I looked at him and said "Now, let me ask you a question. Do I say things like that to you?" I believe he realized what he said wasn't very nice and knows I wouldn't say anything like that to him. Well, that brings me to today's Bible verse. Let's dig into the good stuff!

Bible verse: Matthew 7:12 Jesus said " Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

What is the Law? Well, back in my "lawdog days" I thought I was the law. Boy, was I a knuckle head. The Law is the ten commandments and a great number of other revelations divinely expressed by God of His will for our behavior and our lives. Who were the Prophets? Now, these are men who heard directly from God. These men led, taught, and warned God's people. They were men like Moses, Ezekiel, Samuel, and Isaiah.
Let's look at this Bible verse. This is been referred to as "The Golden Rule". Hey listen, it is not very hard to refrain from harming another person. But, it is much harder to take the time to do something nice and kind for them. This is not an easy thing to do. When we've been hurt by a friend, when a church member has lied about you, when we get cut off on the highway, when someone say's hurtful things to you, in every one of those examples, it takes the love of Jesus living in us to react to "others" as we would like them to react to us and how we want them to treat us. I know that this is so very hard sometimes and I fall and fail a lot when I should obey "The Golden Rule". But, that is what God's word say's and we should remember that we are called to obey God's word. Guy's we are not perfect. We are not even close to being perfect. But, we can desire to be more perfect and Christlike everyday. Think of a good deed you can do today and don't put it off. Just do it.....Have a great day, I love you and God bless!

No comments: