Thursday, April 8, 2010

Does somebody have a flashlight...........

Good morning everyone! I looked outside and it became real dark a minute ago and a storm started coming in. The darkness reminded me of when my family first moved to Tennessee in the mid 80's. Something happened on one of the first nights we were here. This brings me to us digging into the good stuff.

Bible Verse: Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Some of you may know that I grew up the first 12 years of my life in Southern California (Santa Monica). Really, don't hold that against me. Well, in California there were street lights everywhere. They were kinda taken for granted. So, we arrive in Tennessee and I was not prepared for the black darkness of a Tennessee night in Oakdale. See, we had a street light outside my window and it gave a glow in my bedroom. Now guess what? My first night in Oakdale I woke up in the middle of the night and was terrified! I thought something was wrong with me. I thought I might be blind! For the first time I experienced real darkness. Where was a flashlight when you needed one?

For three hours the whole earth was covered in total darkness while the pure Jesus battled with Satan's power to hold the world in sin forever. Jesus even quoted scripture (Psalm 31:5). He defeated the powers of evil, and guy's the bast part is He won total victory over sin! He did this for you and me, so that we could be saved from the total darkness.

Please remember this! Even in your darkest moments, know that the battle has already been won. We have victory when we truly place our faith in God! I am so very thankful today that I can live in His light forever! Are you in the darkness? Do you feel all alone? Remember that God made you. He made you just the way you are on purpose! You are special to Him and He wants you to stand in the light with Him. Just take one step at a time until your by His side! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.


No comments: