Monday, April 19, 2010

Tag team wrestling.......

Good morning everyone! Boy, last week was a very busy one. I had in-service at the sheriff's office, SRT training at work, and had my normal shift at work. The world has a way of taking all of our time if we let it. So, let's get back in the saddle. This week at work I got to talk with another Christian on my shift. We were able to share our hearts with each other and it was pretty awesome. I look forward to getting to know him better. I must tell you that listening to what was going on in his life made me really think about all the problems we have in life. When we have problems with other people. Where do they come from? Why do they hurt so bad? How do we combat them? This brings me to the good stuff. So, let's dig in!

Bible verse: Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

If we can remember the first part of this verse it will help us greatly with our friends, family, or co-workers. We are not fighting against the flesh. You and me are flesh. When we have a problem with someone. What do we do? We go at that person. That person isn't causing the problem. See, there is an army right now waging war against Christians. they are all just puppets of our enemy. They are demons. I know what some of you are thinking. There are no such things as demons. I am sorry to tell you and wish I didn't have to but, there are demons. These demons don't always possess people. These demons try and do everything they can to turn us away from Jesus and back to our sinful ways. Hey listen, you and I have hope and His name is Jesus Christ. Without Him we are easy prey. Jesus is like our lead blocker. We are like running backs and He is like our full back leading the way. when we accept Jesus as our Savior we are assured of a big "W" (a win). Although, we are going to have struggles and battles until the day He comes again. That is why God has given us His armor to put on everyday. We have supernatural powers too! We have the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is like the wrestler at the ropes waiting for you to tag Him in. We just have to reach up and tag Him in! Hey guy's, I know at times we all feel a little discouraged. We feel a little down. Remember Matthew 16:18 Jesus says to Peter "...On this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hades shall not prevail against it". Jesus is our rock and our enemy will not prevail against Him. Let's strap our armor on everyday and resist the wiles of the enemy. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: