Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Enduring Word......

Good morning friends! Man my allergies are kicked in high gear. it is funny when you start getting old how things start happening. I don't ever remember have allergies before. I have a story for you. I was talking to a man I work with yesterday and he told me about why he doesn't go to church. I have to say that I never thought this gentleman was a Christian. We have talked several times and I believe God opened a door up yesterday. This guy gets very aggressive when you talk about the Bible. I wonder why will apologize sometimes when we are sharing. We should never apologize for the Gospel. Well, to my surprise when he was asked if he believed the Bible he said "Yes". The door was opened The answer to all our questions are just a short trip over to pick up our Bibles. The word of God is how we should live our lives. It will never change. Gods rules and lessons will endure all time.

Bible verse: 1 Peter 1 24 "All flesh is as grass. And all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away, But the word of the Lord endures forever."

Have you guy's ever started a conversation about God and stopped to say "I don't mean to thump a Bible or I'll get down off my pulpit. Why do we sometimes apologize for the Bible? Or maybe apologize for bringing it up. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12). It is our weapon, it should also be our comfort. We should run to the Bible in times of need. What ever the need be. Do you think the enemy wants you in the word of God. Absolutely not, he will do anything he can to keep you from it. If we realize that, then why do we still not spend the amount of time we should reading God's word. You know, I don't think the phase reading God's word is enough. The enemy reads and knows God's word. I think the phase should be, learning and living God's word. The enemy doesn't want you learning and living Gods' word. He doesn't want you to understand the authority of the word of God. He doesn't want you to get the power that will shield off the fiery darts and attacks from your heart. Your heart is the enemies most valuable target. But, when the word of the Lord and the Lord of the word become our guide and authority, then I believe the enemy and all his cronies (demons) will flee from us.

Many centuries ago there was a Roman emperor named Diocletian who was known for his hatred of Christianity. He hated the Bible so much that he took a Bible and burned it, and then on top of that burned Bible he erected a monument. Chiseled on the monument were these words: Extincto nomini christianorum- " The name of Christian is extinct." How many people over the years have been like Diocletian? How many have tried to eradicate the Bible and Christianity. The Bible is the incorruptible Word of God, and nothing can destroy that.

I have a mission for us this week. I would like for us all to go and buy a Bible. I want us to pray that God would show us a special someone that could use that Bible, and I want us to give it to them. If you would, let me know the story I would love to hear about it. If you need a Bible and cannot get one. Let me know, I can get you one. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: