Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Put me in Coach..........

Hello friends! We had a real powerful men's meeting last night. There were over 30 men that came to fellowship and grow closer to the Lord. God knows what we need, when we need it. Sunday night I was sharing with the young people and this was one of the many Bible verses that we covered. How many of us are "Christians" but, people would never know it? Guy's there should be a neon sign hanging over our head with an arrow pointing down that say's "Born Again." Let's dig into the good stuff and see what God's Word has to say about it!

Bible verse: Eph 4:11-12 And He himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ,

God has a mission. That mission is to tell everyone about Him, about eternal life in heaven and how to have eternal life in heaven. This is Jesus' great commission. This is our great commission. I remember playing sport's in school. I remember at times, sitting on the bench. Man, did I want to get in the game. I would sit there on the edge of the bench, just waiting for the coach to look my way. Sometimes even bug him. Boy, as soon as he would even start to tell me to get in, I was already on a dead sprint on the field. My question to everyone today. Are we sitting on the edge of the bench ready for God to put us in. Or, are we sitting back comfortable on the bench wanting to pick and choose what we do for God. God already has a game for us to plan in, it is our lives. He already has given us a plan book, the Bible. Now saying this, are we really doing all that we can for God? I think we have become picky at times where and to what extent we serve, if we serve at all. Guy's we have work to do. We have kingdom work to do. There are so many hurting and lost people in this world. Let's come a little closer, there are so many hurting and lost people in our communities that are just waiting for us to tell them about Christ and to help them get up when they have fallen. This is our great commission "to make disciples of all nations" Matthew 28:19. I know we all have lives and all the stuff of life going on. The vacations, the parties, the ballgames, the chores, the fun time, the TV watching, the little things. We all have these things, have we ever asked ourselves "Why we even have these things"? Because God allows us to have these things. So, I guess I'm saying that all I have is because God has blessed me with it. So, God I know You have already read this before I am even typing it. I have sat on my hands for long enough! So God, put me in Coach! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: