Monday, November 18, 2013

Fogged in?????????

Good morning! Lately I have been chatting with some friends and it seems like a lot of people are struggling with one thing or another. With a job situation, a relationship that is struggling, or maybe someone in your life that just always takes from you and never gives back. I worked nights last night and came home to crash this morning. I was wanting to sleep more but, that wasn't going to happen. I awoke from a dream about being in fog and not seeing what was ahead. When I woke up I felt anxious and kinda confused. I guess the fog might represent uncertainty. I don't know! I guess I need one of those dream books! That got me thinking about the stuff my friends were dealing with and drove me to the Word for a bit. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us..........
 
Bible Verse: Psalm 116:5 "Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful."

Ok, check this out! My mom is a flight attendant. They don't like stewardess anymore. Ok, imagine you are in a plane, ready for take-off on the runway. The pilot has come on the intercom and announced there's a delay because of fog. You glance out your window. It looks so gloomy and dark. You wonder if the sun is shining.

The fog lifts enough for the control tower to give the pilot the green light, and the plane takes off. It's still cloudy, but the plane starts climbing, climbing, climbing. Suddenly, the plane bursts through the clouds, and it is so gloriously bright that you have to blink your eyes. Now, you realize the sun has been there all the time.

Here's the crazy part! That's the way it is with God (check out Malachi 4:2-3). He is always loving, always giving. He is waiting for you to see Him now. Let's ask the Holy Spirit to show us today the true condition of the sky--above the clouds. Let Him speak to us about what is really there beyond the fog. Things are not always what they seem. Sometimes there is something amazing waiting just beyond the fog!!! Remember God has His hand upon us!!! Have a great day and God bless!!

No comments: