Friday, October 18, 2013

Drive through the fog...........

What's up! It's Friday and it seems fall is finally here in East Tennessee. Was super foggy this morning on my way home. It made me think again about a scripture from yesterday. A friend had that scripture tattooed on their foot to remind them. "Walk by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7. While driving through the fog not really knowing what was coming next ahead. I had to have faith that everything was going to be ok. I'm not saying I wasn't prepared to swerve if need be, but I knew I didn't need to stop to get where I needed to be. Now, that brings me to today. I have often said that life is like a vapor. It's here and then it's gone. We must take care of business while we are able. let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it shows us..........


Bible Verse: John 9:4 "I must work the works of Him that sent Me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work."


 
Ok, I am that military "Hoo-yah" kinda guy and I read this a while back and it pumped me up! "We shall have all eternity in which to celebrate our victories, but only one short hour before the sun sets in which to win them." God had plans for us. It's time we got off the bench and into the game. We are only given so many days. A limited number of days in which to be about the Fathers business. Are you going to spend your days investing in the things of this world, or putting up treasures in heaven? Do you invest in people around you? Do you help someone when they are in need. Do you love the un-loveable? Do you share your faith? If not now, then when?

Are you going to start sowing seeds of salvation or are you going to plant happiness in this life alone? When?

Are you going to do something nice for your wife / kids / family /  boyfriend / girlfriend / stranger? When?

Are you going to write a love letter to the one you love letting them know how much they truly mean to you? When?


Make a promise to yourself right now that you will not put off until tomorrow what you should be doing today! Life is a vapor! Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: