Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cafeteria or bust............

What's up everyone? Are you having a good week so far? I had to go to the range yesterday for about 7 hours and shoot. The cool thing about that was the gun we were shooting was a Dillon M134d mini gun. It shoots 3000 rounds a minute and we had to shoot it during daylight and then at night with night vision and lasers! Yeah, a pretty cool night! I laid in bed last night just before drifting off to sleep and thought about my hunger and how I was doing? Well, I awoke thinking the same thing. So, I thought I would write about it! Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us........

Bible Verse: Psalm 91:16 "With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation." Psalm 91:16

I remember when I graduated boot camp in 1992, we had a day pass and went in Chicago for the day. We ended up eating at a cafeteria kinda downtown that fed military for free. I remember sitting there when the door of the restaurant opened and a man ran in. He rushed over to a table that had been abandoned by some people just shortly before. He began to stuff his face with the leftovers, when the management saw him. He took off out like a squirrel high tailing it  to the safety of their tree. He had no pride. He didn't care what people thought of him.

I remember thinking at the time how gross that was. I think a total different thought now! A man who is starving is totally serious about getting food. He's focused. He will do whatever it takes to eat! He's only got one thing on his mind!! Where is his next meal? He's not concerned about popularity, position, or possessions!

So, what are you hungry for today? Is Jesus enough to satisfy your appetite? When a person is thirsty or hungry enough, he will pay any price! He will do anything to get fed! Now, stop and ask yourself this question..... How hungry for God are you? Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: