Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Secret Agent Man..........

Hello guys and gals! I pray you are having a good week so far. Luke and I chilled together last night while Misty and Joslyn went Christmas shopping. It amazes me how a two year old can be so cool and loving at the same time. I spoke to a young man last night that doesn't feel he needs time hearing God's Word and it reminded me of a story I had heard from a guy I worked with. Let's dig into the good stuff and back up what that guy said with scripture..........

Bible Verse: Proverbs 7:24 "Hearken unto Me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of My mouth."

The guy that I worked with and I have to say that in past tense because we no longer work together. He went back to Washington D.C. He worked for the Secret Service and then came to work with us. He was assigned to look for counterfeit bills. Now what I thought was cool is that the United States Government doesn't teach Secret Service agents to detect counterfeit bills by having them study fakes. They show these agents real dollars over and over and over until they have the pattern memorized. Then, when a counterfeit is put in front of them, they recognize it instantly because it doesn't fit the pattern their eyes are looking for. Now, this brings me to why we need time with the Lord. Whether it be at church, home, in the car, in the prayer closet, driving to work, it doesn't matter where.

Do you know the voice of the Lord? I promise the only way you can be sure that it is His voice you are hearing is to hear it so often that a stranger's voice is instantly recognizable. It is so much better to spend time learning the One True Voice than it is trying to learn to detect all the false voices. Trust me when I tell you that the devil wants to sound a little like God. He does this to get you to listen more. Let's not be fooled. Let's get to know God's voice just like our family members. So that we can hear His cry or voice in a crowd or in the middle of a storm. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!


No comments: