Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Let's be courageous together...........

Good morning folks! Well, school is out again in Roane County and all the kids are super happy. Most of you know that I have been in the military and a police officer for a number of years. So, I considered myself to be a pretty courageous person. I've been in some pretty hairy situations and stood firm. I was thinking what the most courageous thing would be to do. I believe it would be giving your life in place of another persons. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it say's.........

Bible Verse: Psalm erse: 31:24 "Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."

Now, if you have children you would give your life for them with out a thought. Right? But, what about someone you have never met? A stranger? Maybe someone you don't like. Boy, now your sitting here thinking "Well, I would for Sally but, not for Jim. Because he's mean to me." Laying your life down for someone else in my opinion is the ultimate sacrifice. Guy's, this is what Jesus did. He came and died for us so that we could have a better more abundant life. He know us. Heck, who could know us better than the One who created us? Who could care more for us than the One Who died for us? Who could lead us more carefully than the One Who knows the end from the beginning? There is no greater picture of courage than the picture of what Jesus for us in laying down His life. We can know security because the One who loves us is compassionate, caring, and courageous. Jesus knows you. He cares for you. He wants to lead you into an abundant life. Now, comes the hard question. Because you can say your a Christian all day long and not live it. Are you willing to lay down your life for the sake of the Lord and let Him lead you? A you that courageous? I pray we all can be. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: