Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A cold, dirty, and dark place.............

Good morning guys and gals! It is almost Christmas! I am excited to spend time with family and friends. I was talking to our youth the other night about doing things for others during this season. I would like us to dig into the good stuff for a bit and see what it says............

Bible Verse: Philippians 2:7 "But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men."

Now, let's be real with each other. Everyone likes to receive gifts. Even if you say I would rather give than receive. Somewhere deep inside you love to receive. Right? Ok. Since we have established that we are going to tell the truth today. Let look at a King coming as a peasant. What better way to see the true side of people. If Jesus would have came as a king. I think a lot of things would have been different but, He knew He had to come as a poor man. This next part gets me when I really think about it. Jesus came in a manger for you and for me. He willingly left the glories and riches of heaven to be born in a stable. My friend Debbie sang a song at church the other day. About the birth of Jesus. He wasn't born in a clean place. He was born in a dirty, cold, and dark place. But, Oh were things going to change. Check this out, Jesus became poor, so that we might become rich! He lived such a life of poverty that when He had to pay taxes, He had to look for a coin in a fish's mouth. When He sent out His disciples, He told them to take nothing but a staff and the power of the Holy Spirit (Mark 6:7-9). Would you be willing to do that? Now, here is the part that makes me smile and sad at the same time. He was put to death like a common criminal so that we could wear a royal robe! As a child of God, you are rich! I am rich! Why do we not see that at this time of year? It doesn't matter how many presents you get. Swallow all that junk and be happy for what you do have. There are so many with less. Do me a big favor today or tonight. Take some time and read Philippians 2:6-11 with your family or friends. Let's thank God for sending His Son, Jesus. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: