Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sadness in the Holiday's..........

Good morning friends! We had a great time Christmas caroling with the youth group last night. It was a true blessing to see the joy that our youth brought to many tonight by showing their love in song. We went to a nursing home and numerous houses in Kingston. Then we went over to the Pine Hills Community in Harriman and walked around while singing. Just an awesome time and I saw some really sad faces when we got there and some real happy ones when we left. We a going to start earlier next year and go to more places! I want to talk about this time of year for some. Let's dig into the good stuff.........

Bible Verse: Psalm 116:8 "For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling."

Guy's, I believe that the holidays are the loneliest and saddest time of the year for some. Everywhere you look, people are told they're supposed to be happy and to smile and they realize they're not and can't. They see everybody else acting happy, and they feel so lonely or sad. Just walking in a store or through the mall can make them feel lonely. But check this out.....Jesus has said, in Hebrews 13:5 that "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee". I must tell you that when I'm discouraged, His presence sees me through. When I'm lonely His presence cheers me up. When I'm worried, His presence calms me down. And when I am tempted, His presence will help me out. Do me a huge favor today write down the last few lines of this and put your name in it and make it yours. Now don't just say it believe it! He will get you through it. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: