Monday, December 13, 2010

"Can I just have some time off?".............

Good morning everyone! We had an amazing weekend. On Saturday, we took a bus of youth to Operation R.E.A.C.H. (Roane Enriching Another Child's Holiday). We were blessed with shopping with young children that were less fortunate this year. We split up into groups of three and each got a child. Our child was Haley! What a blessing Haley was. She said she wanted to get her family gifts before she got anything for herself. Wow! She was seven. At seven, she was focus outward not inward. I think that is our biggest problem. Well, let me back up it is my biggest problem. I have been very selfish throughout my life. It is a daily struggle to keep my focus out and not in. That brings me to todays scripture. I know I have shared it before. But, I just had it laid on my heart again. Let's dig into the good stuff........

Bible Verse: Mark 16:15 "And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Alright, check this out. I have to say i I had to identify a major problem with believers today, it would be that they spend too much time getting out of trouble with God! We are living on the defensive instead of the offensive. The defense is about protection of whats valuable or what we feel is valuable. It's protecting ours! We need to move beyond the defensive line of Christianity and move on to the offense advancing God's Kingdom, fulfilling the Great Commission, and telling others about Jesus. Man, this is the reason for the season. God will never lead you or I where His strength cannot keep us. He will never lead us down a path that He hasn't first walked down Himself. We have to remember that Jesus came here for us. He didn't have to. He choose to! You don't have to go and share the reason for the season. You should choose to! Trust me when I tell you this. I have struggled at times with being a pastor. I have thought...."How can I do this for the rest of my life?" I have said..."God, I am tired. Can I just take some time off?" Guess what? I realized that God didn't call me and bring me to this place in my life to take a break. There are so many that don't know about Jesus. Guy's, we have to tell them. We have been commissioned. So, I ask you today. In front of God and everyone. Are you sharing His love and words of salvation with someone who's lost? If not, let's start today to move beyond your comfort zone and see God do some amazing work! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: