Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Just ask for it..........

I have spent the last three hours mowing and really enjoying quiet time. I guess you would say doing some self examination. Thoughts just kept filling my head. Well, really questions. The thought that God loves us even when we sometimes turn our back to him. If He loves us then, how much will He love us if we actively pursue Him. If we talk to Him as if He's our best friend. I don't know about you but, I have so many questions. I have found that the more I pursue Him, the more He shows me. Kinda funny how that works. Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it shows us.........

Bible verse: James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Now, some of us have a problem asking for help but, in James 1:5 it tells us that if we lack wisdom, we are to ask God. Let me tell you what I think that means. If you lack wisdom, just ask for it.  God is a "giving" God. Have you even thought of God as the "giving" God?

What's crazy is that God desires to pour out His blessing upon you? I know that's hard to believe for some people that think He's all about punishing you for doing wrong. Now on the other hand, do you say to yourself, "Oh goodie, goodie, let me see what I can get from God"? Or does it humble you a little bit that the God who created the air you breathe, the ground you walk upon, and the body you are in...this God loves you and wants to bless you? I hope it is as humbling for you as it was me. Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: