Friday, August 30, 2013

Just shaking hands??????

Good morning! Happy Friday!!! Are you ready for a long weekend? I want to share with you something that has been on my heart lately. I guess the reason why it has been on my heart is because God has been convicting me a bit. I have found that over the last year I have not witnessed as much as I did before. Now, I still shared but, not like I had in the past. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us...........

Bible Verse: John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

This makes me think of a story about a painting of a shipwreck hanging on the wall of a store. There were sailors in lifeboats reaching out their hands to people floating on debris from the ship. This little boy looking at the painting one day and asked his daddy, "Are those guys in the lifeboats trying to save those people or are they just shaking hands?"

I guess I wonder the same thing about us. It is all right to have friends? In fact, really we all should. But are we doing more than just socializing? Wouldn't it be a shame if all we did was shake the hands of those around us, when we could be serving and showing them the way to God through Jesus Christ? We don't pray, live, and witness as if people are dying and going to hell or heaven every day around us. I pray God has mercy on me and helps me to do better! The need of the hour is for men and women to have a servant's heart and share a little Jesus! Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: