Saturday, October 5, 2013

From a white furry Caterpillar...........

Was up early today and just sat of the back porch listening to so many birds and bugs doing they're thing. Then I saw this white furry caterpillar crawling across the floor heading for higher ground. I took my foot and pushed it back. It turned back around and continued to head for higher ground. Every time I pushed it back it turned around and for some reason continued in the same direction. It never wavered, nor changed directions even after numerous set backs. I must say I did this probably 6 or 7 times. I know I might have been a little mean but, it got me thinking. When we have a mission. When God has given us a mission or we feel led to serve Him in some way. Do we ever complain while doing it? Complain because we don't have the resources or the help to do it? Hey listen, I have been so guilty of doing this over the years. When I should have just rolled up my sleeves and got to work. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it can show us..........

Bible Verse: Philippians 2:14-15 "Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world."

I guess the bottom line is or maybe the problem with many of us is when we obey God and murmur while we are doing it! And I think God is taking notes, because halfhearted obedience isn't obedience at all. Remember, God is looking at the heart, not the deed that's in 1 Samuel 16:7. Yeah, I had to looked it up.

Have you ever thought about why we murmur? Well, in my opinion, if it's worth anything is because we've taken our eyes off the cross. Jesus didn't murmur on the way to there for us. This got me to thinking.........Do I thank God for the pains my life? Or only the gains? Boy, what a reality check! Ephesians 5:20 says, "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." I am going to do my best this week to give more thanks for the things God has given me. Because He can so easily take them away. Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: