Thursday, October 17, 2013

Two angels playing tic-tac-toe???????

Morning! It's a drizzly morning here in East Tennessee. I have been sitting on my back porch this morning drinking a cup of coffee and it got me thinking of what someone said to me one day. Did you know the man is supposed to bring his woman coffee? It says so right in the Bible..... "He-Brews"!!!!! I know a little corny but, kinda cute. Well, this morning I just sat there and enjoyed spending some quiet time. I have a problem and it sometimes drives me nuts. I am a planner and a go-getter! Sometimes we can plan too much and go-get too hard. It doesn't matter if the key fits in the door if you rush to put it in and its upside down! Let's dig into the good stuff and see what we can find.............

Bible Verse: Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

I guess the one word that comes to mind is faith. If you believe something with all of your heart then you must have the faith that God will work it out. In the book of John a nobleman's son became ill, so he went to Jesus to heal him. When he found Jesus, he asked Him to come to his home. But instead of physically going to the boy's bedside, Jesus healed him by His word. John 4:50 says, "And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way." Now, that's faith! There have been things that have happened in my life lately that I believe with all my heart God had done them. Yet, I try to control them. Whether it's speeding things up or slowing them down. Most of the time trying to grab the steering wheel and push the gas. Ok, so I have a control problem! I get it! Where's my faith?

What the cool part about the story of the sick son was it wasn't a wonder, not a sign, not a vision, not two angels playing tic-tac-toe on the boys ribs, or cold chills going up and down his spine...the man believed Jesus' Word and went on his way! He had that much faith! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

I will not doubt in darkness what God has showed me in the light. Doubt sees the obstacles, faith sees the way. Doubt sees the darkest night, faith sees the day. Doubt is scared to take a step, faith soars on wings of eagles. Doubt questions who believes, faith answers, "I"! I will walk by faith not by sight! Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: