Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Feel like a broke down pack mule?????

Morning! Just got off midnights and wanted to jot down a bit before I crashed. Have you ever wondered why you were going through certain circumstances in your life that were hard or maybe even seemed impossible. Maybe the loss of a job, loss of a loved one, or maybe something that isn't that bad? I have heard people say God won't put more on you than you can handle. I believe with all my heart that when people make that statement they are wrong. God will put more on you than you can handle! He will load you down like a pack mule with more than you can handle. He will do that so you must rely on Him and not yourself. Maybe, just maybe you are going through those circumstances because He has plans for you in the future. Plans to use you in a mighty way through your scars. Plans to make you a witness for many that are going to go through the same type of thing. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what we find.......

Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 4:10 "And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that Thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that Thine hand might be with me, and that Thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested." 

The story of Jabez is one of a man who wanted his influence to be enlarged. Hey listen, God can stretch you, as well. I feel like I have been stretched over the years. Now, I feel God is starting to restore things back to me one by one. Here is the problem, if you ask that God enlarge your influence or to help you be a better witness for Him, remember this! Psalm 4:1 says that God enlarged him when he was "in distress." Yeah, that means when he was struggling and hurting! You can expect that God may use distressing circumstances to do that same thing in you. You may not think so now, but the pain and the scars the pain will be worth it all.

When God enlarges you, He does so to fill you with more of Himself. Don’t be satisfied with God’s filling a small place if God wants to fill a larger place. Have you ever asked God for more? Have you ever said, "God I want more. I want You to enlarge my coasts. I don’t want just a blessing. I want to be used in a mighty way! Let's pray big prayers to a big God. If you know someone who is struggling today and going through some rough circumstances, lift them up in prayer and let them know you are praying for them. Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: