Friday, February 17, 2012

Gathering together..........

Good morning everyone. Joslyn and I have been sick and at home with the stomach bug the last two days and I am glad that that is over. Now she gets a four day weekend and I have to work for the next 6 days. Even though we were sick. It was really awesome to just hang out with her. That brings me to our topic for today. Who do you hang out with? If your a Christian, are they? Are they a good influence on you? Or, do they cause you to get into trouble? Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it says..........

Bible Verse: Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them."

There is something wonderful about unity. It brings joy and happiness. I heard this story and thought you would like it. It is about a guy who courted a girl by writing her a beautiful love letter every day for two years. He thought that would be a wonderful way to court her. Do you know what happened? She married the mail carrier! Bummer huh? 

There is nothing like being there. I have had a few people tell me that they don't need church. That they can do "it" on their own. I guess "it" is their Christian walk. I guess they can try. But, that is not the way God wanted it to be. There is nothing like personal contact. There is a sense in which Jesus Christ is present when His people gather that's not in any other sense. You cannot get it the same way at home.

Do you have a church home? If not, I encourage you to find one today. Our church's doors are always open. But, if not ours, there are lots of awesome church in your area I'm sure. Now, If church attendance isn't important, I wonder why Satan works so hard to keep folks away.  Please do me a favor. If you do have a church home, make a special effort this week to meet someone new and find a need they have which you can meet. Then help them. Watch what happens. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: