Friday, May 3, 2013

What's in your heart???????


Good morning! When you see people. What do you see? Do you gauge people by their success? Do you see someone driving a $60,000 car and say "They must have it going on." Do you see them living in a half million dollar house and say "Wow, they must have everything figured out." How do we see success? What really is success? Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us........

Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 16:7 "But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart."

I have a friend that is a big strapping dude. Works out all the time, has a good job, the ladies like him, drives a nice car, and has a nice home. You would think he is squared away. Well, I've gotten to know him over the years and he has problems just like the rest of us. Really probably worse but, to look at him you would think he had everything worked out. Just like David's older brother Eliab in this scripture was a big, broad-shouldered, handsome man. If you had gone to look for a king, you would have said, "Surely there's a kingly man if I ever saw one." But God didn't have His eyes upon Eliab, He had his eyes on David.

Sometimes we see people and say, "Oh, they have it all. I wish I could be like that person, look like that person, sing like that person, serve like that person. I wish I had their ability. I wish I were this or that." It's so great to know that God doesn't see as man sees. Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart.

Here is the thing! At the judgment seat of Christ, there will be a day of revelation and the things that are highly esteemed among men may look much different then. Jesus spoke to those who were self-righteous in His day, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God." (Luke 16:15)

I have to tell ya. I am glad, my friend, for that day of revelation that's going to come? When it does, the focus is not going to be upon size but upon quality. It's not going to be about looks but about works. God is not primarily interested in quantity. God is interested in quality. We get that confused sometimes. We are our own worst enemy. Remember this.....Your heart will always be where your treasure is.......Have a great day and God bless!

 

No comments: