Monday, April 29, 2013

Be the Bug Light.........


Hello friends! I have to say that I have been looking at Facebook lately and I don't understand all the negativity. I guess we all deal with things and have hardships. Some of them are extreme too! I get that. But, here's the thing. Are your circumstances stealing your joy? Hey, I'll be the first to tell ya. My circumstances in my life have stolen my joy at times! I mean when things are great, we have joy. When things get hard or fall apart, we fall into depression. It's real! Let's just be honest and see how we can work through it or how God can help us. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us.........
Bible Verse: John 15:11 "These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." John 15:11

What is joy? Where does it come from? Joy is the birthmark of the child of God. Every Christian ought to have joy from a consistent relationship with the Lord. Ok, here's is the deal. If our lives are entangled with Jesus then when adversity comes, we won't be as affected by it as much. Haven't you ever seen someone that was always happy? It didn't matter what was going on in their lives they were happy! It's so important that you have joy shining from your life in order to a beacon of hope for the lost. If you want people to believe in your Savior, the mark of an authentic Christian life is the joy of the Lord. Most people aren't that interested in all your church stuff if they don't see anything different about you. They want to know if it is working for you. And there's nothing more attractive in winning the lost to the Lord than the joy of the Lord in someone's life. It's like a bug light and the bugs will just keep coming!

Listen, I was the guy that carried some burdens and hardships lately and I was without the joy of the Lord. I had no gitty-up in my step. It was hard to smile! But, lately God has filled my heart so full of joy that it feels like it's going to explode. It's not too late for you either.  Remember "The joy of the Lord is your strength" (Nehemiah 8:10). Have a great day and God bless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this tonight!!!