Monday, July 9, 2012

Keep your eyes open.......

Good Monday everyone! Over the last few weeks I have run across some pretty low down characters. Some that have taken advantage of someone that was very ill. One person that is coming in between a husband and a wife. Whispering in one of their ears "You can do better than that person." So much negativity. So much evil. So much darkness. It breaks my heart. Then all of the sudden, a ray of hope cuts through those dark storm clouds. I had a young lady come to me last night with a humble but, burdened heart. She told me of a family that was in desperate need of a window air conditioner. She told me that one of the family members is extreme ill and their house is extremely hot. I sat back and listened to this young lady pour her heart out and it made my heart smile. See, this young lady grew up at my house and was a good friend of my little sister. So, to hear her and see her have so much compassion. My heart smiles now while I type this. Let's look at Gods' Word and see what is says.....

Bible Verse: Matthew 25:40  ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Here's the deal, if you keep your eyes open and are willing to step up. God will place people in your path that are in desperate need of a little help. Now, you have a choice. To help or not to help. It is not always about money. Sometimes it is your time or maybe your prayers. Who knows maybe they just need someone to talk too. Someone who won't try to put on their Mr. fix it hat.

So, this young lady is pouring her heart out and my heart is smiling from ear to ear. I have seen this young lady transform before my very eyes. She loves the Lord and will serve Him at all cost. I thought a lot about that last night when I got home. I laid in bed for 3 hours not able to go to sleep. My mind racing 100 mph, thoughts zipping through my brain. Thoughts of how huge our God is. Thoughts of how He wants to use us in such a big way. Thoughts of how we have our own plans and that's the one we are going to follow. We are more concerned with what makes us happy and if it fits into Gods' plan then cool! Have you ever sat back and asked God what His will was for you? Here's the thing, all He wants is our obedience.

My question for you today is. Do you help others? Do you help other if it causes you to sacrifice? Do you look for other to help? Are you ever watchful of who the Holy Spirit places in your life? Most people will help if it is convenient but, if it starts getting hard or maybe expensive. They punch out or bail out. Then, there are those that make me smile this morning. I put out on facebook and my email list about the need of a air conditioner. I am receiving replies as I type. God is still in the miracle business. He is still using people in a huge way. We just have to be willing to let Him use us. Are you willing? Let's be about our Fathers' business! Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: