Tuesday, July 3, 2012

HE IS..............


Good Tuesday everyone! Is your week going by Ok? Is it going great or falling apart? Maybe, it is just a normal week to you. What does that mean? Normal? I am going to tell you a story and I know I will have some skeptics among you. Last night, I was lying in bed and really struggling with a situation. I was attempting to read my new book "The Jersey Effect" by Hunter Smith. As I laid there reading I could hear a song softly playing in the house somewhere. I couldn't hear every word just parts of it. I just assumed that Misty or one of the kids had left something on. I got out of bed and started to try to track the soft music playing down. Alarm clock? No. Joslyn's room? No. Luke's room? No. I would stop after every room and I still heard it. So, I went down stairs and looked everywhere. You guessed it, negative for downstairs too! Came back upstairs and Misty was sitting up in bed and I told her about it. She listened hard but, heard nothing. I was very confused. I went through the house again. I heard it faintly in every room but, couldn't find it. If you are thinking I am losing my mind just wait a bit. When I came back to the bedroom and told misty more of what I could hear of the song. She looked up the song on her phone and then read the words aloud. Before she was to the end, tears flowed from my eyes. This song was my situation. This song that my bride couldn't hear. This song that I couldn't find the source of. I know you might be thinking that I am crazy right? The only thing I knew to do was fall on my knees beside my bed and pray. My beautiful wife joined me and tears continued to flow. I have no doubt my God is my "I AM!" He is there in our time of need. Sometimes speaking to us in different ways. I have no doubt that we just don't listen sometimes. Let's dig into some of the good stuff......

Bible Verse: Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM that I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

I asked some youth the other day "Who are you?" I said "If you had to say "I am _____" What would you say? They always had something to add. But, have you ever noticed that the title God chose to describe Himself is an incomplete sentence? Check this out, most people would finish that sentence, "I am... [something]." But not my Lord. He purposefully did not complete the sentence "I AM." He is! Are you hungry? He is the bread. Are you in the dark? He is the light. Are you searching? He is the truth. Are you lost? He is the way. Are you in need? He is your Shepherd. Are you injured? He is your doctor. He just is what you need. So, my question to you today is. What are you looking to God for today? Or, are you just on your own? Listen, it doesn't work on your own. I know. Let's trust Him right now to meet you right where you are. Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: