Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blessed Assurance........

Hello friends! We had a great night last night setting up the tents for our outdoor/celebration service this Sunday. I shared with you yesterday that we started the course Way of the Master last Sunday and I will be touching a lot about salvation over the next few weeks. Have you ever thought about death? I know it sounds weird to ask this but, does it scare you? I have thought long and hard about it and I can't say that it really scares me. I am not saying this because I am some macho tough guy. I am saying this because I will leave this earth and go to a place that I can't even imagine. A place called heaven. I would miss my family here in this world but, know I will see most, hopefully all of them soon enough. Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it say's about it.....

Bible Verse: Luke 23:43 "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise."


Some of you may know that my mother is a flight attendant with the airlines. Well, I read this story and thought of her. There was this man on an airplane in a really bad storm. Even the flight attendant was pretty nervous, but there was this little lady with a grin on her face and humming "Blessed Assurance." She seemed to be so at ease. This man was very nervous and said to her, "Lady, aren't you afraid?" She replied to him, "Not at all. I've given my heart to Jesus. It hasn't been very long ago, I had a daughter who passed away. She was a beautiful and faithful Christian and is now in heaven. I have another daughter who's in Denver, where we're heading is this ole' airplane. But, I have to tell you the truth. It really doesn't make matter to me which daughter I visit today." She told this man about Jesus and what He told a man on a bloody cross next to Him, "Today you'll be with Me in paradise." Now, I don't know if this man realized the peace that should come with salvation. I don't know if some of us realize it. I must ask you if you were to die today, where would you spend eternity? Where would your family spend eternity? Please ask yourself this question and think about your loved ones. Because if you are born again you are not of this world anymore. You don't let it conform you or put the fear of death in your mind. Live your life with "Blessed Assurance" and with that smile on your face. I pray you have a great day, I love you, and God bless!


No comments: