Thursday, February 18, 2010

Unity or Bust........


Hello friends! I hope you are having a great day so far. Well, the snow is melting. I am home with my cool son and it looks to be a beautiful day for us to enjoy. I am going to write about a problem I think our country is faced with. It start's in our homes, goes into our churches, then to our work places. All throughout our daily lives we are faced with the lack of unity. So, let's look at God's word for some answers.

Bible verse: John 17:21 "That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me."


I sat back and asked myself how powerful are we alone? Not very. What is a chain with only one link? Look at a football team. What if the quarterback and maybe a wide receiver or two came on the field to go against the defense. Do you think they could pull it off? Have you ever thought about our countries name? United States. How powerful would our country be with only one or two states? We are powerful when we are united. Hey guy's, God's desire for all of His disciples is to be united and become one. Unification would be such a powerful witness. I sat back and asked myself what I was doing to unify my home, my church, and even my friends. Could I do more? Have you asked yourself what you are doing to be unity to your church and home? We can do so many things. We can pray for our fellow Christians. We can avoid gossip. We can build up and not break down. We can work with each other with humility. And the biggest one of all, We refuse to be divided or get off the path of unity and refuse to argue. We unite. We have to be one with God and one with each other. Let's pray for unity for our homes, churches, and also our country. God bless and I love you.

No comments: