Friday, February 19, 2010

Sword of the Spirit.......


I spoke to a friend last night and the subject came up about people not saying what they should because they were worried that people would look down on them. I think if you pray about something and you know what should be done then you go forward. I pray as a pastor that I never sugar coat God's Word or my moral's due to fear of how it will be taken. I must preach His Word with authority and keep my sword sharp! Check this verse out and I hope it sheds some light.

Bible verse: Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword".

Have you ever thought about conflict? Do you have conflict with people? Let's ask ourselves a question. Is the conflict or maybe disagreement between a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ and a someone who is not a follower? Listen, there is going to be hard times and conflict between believers and non-believers. There are also going to be the same type of problems between those who are walking with God and those who have fallen away from God. There is one thing we have to remember is that we can look forward to never having conflict one day.

I heard a story that I love and would like to pass it on. There was a pulpit committee that was looking for a pastor. This pastor from another church that they greatly respected told them "I know just the guy for your church. He is a fantastic preacher and has a fiery evangelistic spirit, but he has some health problems and he's kind of old." He continued, "He's also been in jail several times." They committee began to look at one another and say " I don't think this man would be right for us or our church." Well, this pastor looked at them smiled and said "Well, don't worry you couldn't get him anyway. He's already in heaven, and his name is Paul." We shouldn't want a guy who can rub shoulders with the people of this world and not rub any salt in their wounds. It has once been said "Where there is no offense, there is no effect." Have you ever thought of the type of pastor that would best help you grow as a Christian? Is it good to gloss over problems or to bring light to them and a possible solution? We can't be worried about stepping on toes every now and then. We have to ask ourselves what would God have us do? Then we have to do it. Jesus didn't come to this world to sugar coat things. He came to this world with a sword in His hand. That sword is the Word of God, the sword of spirit. Can you do me a favor? Please pray for them men that are in the pulpits or are preaching Gods word that they would not water down God's Word. That they would be strong and tell everyone of it's power. Please say a prayer for them today and everyday. God bless and I love you.

No comments: