Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fear what???????

Good morning! We are learning about temptation in our Sunday school class right now and how to deal with it. We have trials throughout our lives and those trials can turn into temptation rather quickly! One of the main points that we have stated numerous times in this study was that God will always give us a way out. We should fear the trials, nor the temptation. We should realize that they will come and be ready for them. Be prayed up and armored up. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what we can find.......

Bible Verse: Exodus 14:13 "And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will show to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever." 

Three hundred and sixty-five times in the Bible-once for every day of the year-it says, "Fear thou not," or its equivalent, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear what man shall do." Sometimes we come to a place where things are out of our hands. There is nothing we can do. Oh, we hurry around, we're so busy manipulating, trying, conniving, and scheming. Yeah, I am a fixer! I can fix this! I'm the man! I can do it! But finally we come to a place where God hems us in, and there is no way out but up. God places us where there is nothing we can do. There is no one to help us. God just says, "Fear not, stand still ... and see the salvation of the LORD." I promise He will help you when you lean on Him and not on yourself!

Read those words again: "ye shall see them again no more forever." When you come to the place of desperation, what does God want you to do? Number one, "Fear not." God wants you to come to this place of dependence that you may learn there is nothing to fear and He may say to you, "Fear not" and "Stand still." Just stand still. "Be still and know that I am God." I know this is super hard for most! Heck, I am probably the worst at trying to fix things on my own and falling flat on my face! I know I have to learn to be still and allow God to take over! Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: