Friday, October 26, 2012

Perception is 9/10's of the law!!!!!!!!!!!


Good morning everyone. It is Friday! Are you excited for the weekend? I am going to discuss a problem with pretty much everyone I know. Sometimes it is a huge problem and sometimes not so much. But, never the less a true problem that I really think can be fixed. Well, let me say that it can be fixed if we work at it. I was at a meeting last night and got served a really bad tasting pie. This pie that I had to eat was one that I am sure many of you have probably eaten before. It is called "Humble Pie"! That brings me to today's scripture. let's dig in and see what it can teach us..........

Bible Verse: 1 Peter 3:7  Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding.........

Ok, I am using this scripture as a husband but, it can be applied to our relationships with other born again believers or maybe even co-workers. Can I ask you a question? What does perception mean?

Definition of Perception:
•perceiving: the process of using the senses to acquire information about the surrounding environment or situation
•result of perceiving: the result of the process of perception
•impression: an attitude or understanding based on what is observed or thought

That is easy right? Someone’s perception can never be wrong. Right? Well, here is the thing. Perception is right to whomever perceives it. It does matter how we feel. If someone perceives something a certain way. That is the way they see it. Now, this can be from something huge or something very small. I am sure no one has ever done something and when the sky came raining down on them they said "I didn't mean it like that" or "That is not what I meant". I guess we must really work at being clear and understanding how others may view what is going on or maybe what we say and do. Please don't read into this for more that it is. What I am trying to get at is the way people perceive us in our words and actions is the way they perceive us. Whether we think it is right or wrong. We must strive for clarity and understanding. If we have these things, I really think we can help to see thing in the way they are intended. I guess one of the major tools of this is communication. We must be good communicators or at least continually work at it. I hope you don't have to eat as much "Humble Pie" as I have. It really is hard to swallow but, I guess a must. Let's stay moldable in God's hands. have a great day and God bless.





No comments: