Monday, October 22, 2012

Are they in disguise maybe????


Good morning friends. I hope you had a great weekend. I had fun with the kiddo's at the pumpkin patch this weekend and then yesterday Joslyn and I had a blast at game night with the youth. I was listening to some parents and even some of our youth and they were talking about certain circumstances that they were in. The ones that I heard were doom and gloom. I so get that, we had a problem of only seeing the bad sometimes. Trust me, I know. When I was a police officer I dealt with people most of the time when they were at their worst. I didn't usually get called to the barbecues or birthday parties. Unless a fight broke out. So, I only saw people at the worst. After a while, that is what I looked for in people and circumstances. The bad! Pitiful isn't it? That brings me to today's scripture. Let's dig into the good stuff.....

Bible Verse: Psalm 32:1 "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."

What is crazy is that God knows exactly what you are going through. We go through the hard times and see the bad stuff for a reason. Ok, if I hadn't seen all the situations that I have that were bad. I don't think I would appreciate the good ones as much. Just like, with us. The worst thing that could happen to us as born again believers is to not know we sin or that we live in a sinful world. If we lived a life not knowing. Would we even realize that we need a Savior? I mean, If God had left Adam in the Garden of Eden, ole' boy would not have even known that he had the sin in his life, and he surely would not have sought the remedy for sin, which he found in the shedding of blood.

Listen, our problems are designed not to destroy us, but to crowd us to Christ. Don't misunderstand me. The problem of sin is real and terrible, but it brings with it the this wonderful realization that we can be forgiven! Now, not all problems in our lives are our fault but, the outcome came be just as wonderful. This next part is going to seem a little crazy but, hang with me. When was the last time you thanked God for the problems in your life? What if you thought of them a blessings in disguise as problems. Think about that for a bit. Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: