Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Lord's Supper (Part 1)


Good morning everyone! First, Our Men's Only Night/Wild game night will be meeting this Saturday at 6:30pm at Rose Bailey Lake in Kingston. Second, I was talking yesterday with my partner at work about the Lord's Supper. I had really studied on the Lord's supper in the Bible and the writings of Charles Spurgeon, a late 1800's pastor for about three years ago and was totally blessed by God's Word to find out the true significance of the eating of the bread (Christ's body) and the drinking of the wine (Christ's blood) is not understood by some. And if understood, sometimes becomes ceremonial for some or just something to do on good Friday or when our church offers it. I am going to dive into this subject and I will send it to you in two sections. Today and tomorrow. Partly because it is lengthy and partly for you to soak it in a little at a time. God bless and I hope this touches you as it did me. Let's dig in.........

Bible verse: Matthew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took the bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is My body." Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Have you ever thought, what if Christ had never came to earth to die for our sins? Without Christ, where would Christianity be or would there even be Christianity, if He never came to earth? Jesus Christ is the center of Christianity. Without Him it is a mere shell or empty bottle. Christ is the central truth of the Gospel. Our Lord Jesus instituted this supper in order to keep this truth on our minds, because this is the truth above all truths. that is vital to the gospel.

The blood of Christ. So powerful that it will wash away all of our sins. Everything from not telling the truth to murder. How powerful is that. C.H Spurgeon said in one of his sermon's "What arrow will ever pierce the heart of sin unless it is dipped in the blood of Jesus?" Sin, look at Christ and all the sin that was punished on Him, then you should really see the evilness of it.

When I see Christ dying on the cross for my sins. When I look at the pain, suffering, and grief that he received on my behalf, I see the reason that I should make great sacrifices in order to glorify Him. Have you made any great sacrifices for Christ lately? The death of Jesus Christ is the #1 sin killer. If you truly know and understand that, then you will feel its sanctifying power. I have wrote this so far to bring our focus on the sacrifice of His body and blood that Christ did for you and for me. I will follow in tomorrows devotion/blog more on the Lord's supper. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: