Monday, November 8, 2010

Just say "no" to Sunday couch potatoes........

Good morning everyone! Man, What a weekend! We took 70 on our S.W.A.T. Youth Retreat and God totally showed up and showed out. We had six youth accept Jesus as their Savior and the next night 12 that had never made that public profession about accepting Jesus stood to let the world know! Our speakers were right on time with their messages and allowed God to use them in a mighty way. bridges were build between the new youth and the older youth that brought a smile to my face. I saw so many wonderful things happen and must give God all the praise and glory. I also must thank everyone that helped make this retreat happen. The leaders, sponsors, bus/van drivers, pastors, and the church! Thanks you. Today I want to share my heart a little. I don't know why some think that they can do it on there own and don't need to gather together but, let's dig into the good stuff and see what it says...........

Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:25 "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

I have preached this message before and for some it is like.....duh!!!! I know you shouldn't forsake coming together. For others.....They say "I used to go to church but, they have some story to share that makes it ok not come. Others say "I don't need the church. I worship on my own." Have you looked around? Do you know what is happening in America today? Heck, Roane County? People who claim to be Christians are not getting involved and becoming faithful to a church, the local fellowship of believers. Such a thing was unheard of in the Bible. If you were a Christian, you were faithful to the fellowship. You attended when everyone gathered together. If you stopped attending, they assumed that you were an apostate (which means guilty of something). What is more important than the local visible expression of the body of Christ? It is the way we stay "plugged in" to the needs of the body of Christ. It is the way we show honor to Him in worship. It is simply the way. So many have become couch potatoes on Sunday morning because they are tired. Now, are there reasons that you can't attend church? Sure, there are many but, if we examine our reasons for not attending would God say "I understand" or "You can do it, I have faith in you"? Let's get plugged in! God can use you in a mighty way. I promise!! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless


No comments: