Monday, July 8, 2013

Don't fall asleep where you get in..........

Good morning everyone! I sure hope you haven't started this week out with an awful Monday! We discussed some things in Sunday school yesterday and I would like to talk about one of them. Have you ever heard the term "Deepening your spiritual roots"? How do we do that? Can we do it on our own? Do we need help? I think we can do it on our own, but it's harder. Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. I think our spiritual roots get a double dose of miracle grow when we hunger for God and to know Him better. Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what God can show us.........

Bible Verse: Psalm 1:3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers.
 
Let me tell you a story from a couple years ago. We were on vacation in Destin a couple of years ago and Joslyn fell out of bed and was crying. When I got to her, I picked her up, and said, "Jos, what's wrong? How did you fall out of bed?" She said, "Daddy, I think I went to sleep too close to where I got in."

I think there are a lot of people who have done exactly the same thing with their walk with Jesus. They get into Christ and somehow they just seem to go to fall asleep right there. They say, "I'm saved and that's it." "I'm good!" But guys, that's not it. It's just the beginning of a relationship that will last through all eternity. It is just the start of your journey. Now, don't let that scare you. You can do it! There is help out there. I think that is what tickles me about the church I am attending. God has sent some unbelievable teachers there. So basically God has brought new Christians and some that have been walking with Jesus for a long time together. If you look around there are groups like this everywhere. Remember Proverbs 27:17. Look for a place like this to grow. If you can't find one. Give me a shout and I will help you.

Here is the thing I want you to take from this today. God wants to move closer and be more intimate in knowledge of Himself. I don't know about you guys, but I am definitely not satisfied with the status quo of my life. I want to grow deeper and let my roots dig deep into to the heart of Jesus. I pray we can have this desire together! Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: